We also include provide specific information for residents of California
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Encompass Health websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices. Some information that we collect through the Services may be subject to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Please see our Notice of Privacy Practices for more information.
Information We CollectInformation you give us
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Contact and demographic information when completing an inquiry form or registering to use our Services.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction on our site.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters or blog.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Medical or health information that you provide to us in the course of using our Services.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction on our site; Encompass Health does itself collect or store payment card information.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. Encompass Health relies on partners to provide many features of our sites and Services using data about your use of Encompass Health and other sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
- To provide you with our products and services, including to process payments and send you information you request.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- To create custom audiences on social media sites.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated Data
- Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; providers of analytics services; security vendors; and IT vendors.
There are limited circumstances in which the service provider collects data directly from you when their privacy policies may also apply.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies and other tracking mechanisms they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
- Corporate Affiliates: We share data with other members of our group of companies.
We may share aggregated or de-identified data at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. These other companies will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records.
Data Collected From You About Others
If you decide to provide information about others on the Site, we will collect your and the other person’s information. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent to this before giving us their contact or other information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization:
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data:
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Our Practices Regarding Information Belonging to Children:
The Services are intended for users age sixteen and older. Encompass Health does not knowingly collect information from children under age 16. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will delete that information.
Sharing of Medical or Health Information:
To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Special Information for California Residents
For specific disclosures for residents of the State of California, please see our California Privacy Notice
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. At this time, Encompass Health does not engage in such sales.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Encompass Health Corporation
Attn: Privacy Office
9001 Liberty Parkway
Birmingham, Alabama 35242
Updated January 1, 2020